Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Carpenters - Bless the beasts and the children

Although this is one of my favorite songs of all time I had not thought about it for many years, but this morning I woke up to Karen Carpenter's sweet voice singing it in my ear...

Maybe it was because I have had 'little children' on my mind (more than usual recently). Lately I have felt discouraged and helpless at my feeble attempts to do some good in the world when I think about the immense suffering of Innocent defenseless children and God's noble creations.

As I have, recently, participated with our wonderful cast of friends and performers in the musical Oliver!, I have pondered, prayed and felt my heart break for the plight of such dear and precious ones! As our Sweet Joshua sings: "Where is Love?" my heart aches and tears flow. We know where love is but not everyone of His children know where He is! "God Is Love!"

My earliest memories as a child were of a loving mother and maternal grandmother rocking me for long periods of time and humming warm soothing melodies in a large rocking chair...

I always knew that the thing I wanted to do most in this world when I grew up would be to love! I had a living example in my Dear Mother and Father of the teachings of Our Lord of just how to go about doing that! My fondest dream and desires always were to follow their lead; To love; 'comfort and nurture the afflicted', 'help the helpless' and 'uplift the fallen and discouraged.' with my own words and deeds.

I relished the years and every stage of mothering and teaching my children and we even found many lost and or hurt little creatures and blessed opportunities to rescue, shelter and nurture some of them on our way....

I'm a granmy now, but the desires of my heart have not changed and I don't suppose they ever will!

There is nothing that fills my heart with more joy than being in the presence of the innocent. To interact heart to heart with a Precious Child of God is the closest feeling that I have felt to what I am sure is, the Perfect Love of Our Heavenly Father. I guess that is the reason I know that I will never cease to surround myself with children and little creatures...

My ever present heart prayer is that we will 'be' Love to someone everyday. That a word, a look, a smile, a tender touch, may be the reflection of that Perfect Love that we all so crave and desire. The Pure and Perfect Love of Our Heavenly Father who loved us so much that He allowed us to come live on this earth away from Him so we would learn to Love One Another as He Loves Us and then, when we have learned, we may return home to Live Forever In His Presence! May we daily, make an effort to make a little bit of heaven for someone here on earth as we are away from our Heavenly Father and until we can all be together with Him enjoying that Blessed Eternal Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment